- December 2023 – Kirbymoorside
Date: Sunday 17th December 2023
Distance: 3 miles
Lunch Venue: Feather & Beak in Kirkby Mills
This month’s walk is being organised by Andy and myself. We will meet at the top of the main street, near the mini roundabout, in Kirkbymoorside at 12.30 pm.
The route is just over 3 miles on quiet lanes and is suitable for everyone and dogs. As is usual with the Christmas walk we will be stopping along the way for mince pies and mulled wine. Please advise ASAP if you will be walking so as to be sure we order sufficient refreshments.
17 of us will be eating at the Feather & Beak in Kirkby Mills at 3 pm. The menu choices are enclosed below and your choices are required by Sunday 10th December latest please.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Sunday Lunch @ The Feather & Beak
V = vegetarian VG = vegan GF = gluten free GF* = rice gluten
Food intolerances and allergies – please speak The Feather & Beak about the ingredients in their dishes.
- Cauliflower & Coconut Soup £7.50 (GF)
- Tempura tiger prawns & sweet chilli sauce £10.95
- Wild mushroom risotto with truffle oil £10.50 (V/GF)
- Seared King Scallops, bacon & peas £12.50 (GF)
- Ham hock and parsley terrine, pineapple pickle £9.95 (GF)
The Main Event
- Roast loin of Ryedale Pork, apple sauce £17.50
- Roast sirloin of Ryedale beef & Yorkshire pudding £19.50
- Pan fried Scarborough hake with crab, leeks, pancetta and edamame £24.50 (GF)
- Breast of chicken with wild mushroom and Tio Pepe £22.50 (GF)
- Steak & Onion suet pudding with mash & red wine gravy £23.50
- Cauliflower & date tagine, Tunisian pilau rice £17.50 (V/VG)
All @ £7.50
- Chef’s sticky toffee pudding, butterscotch sauce and clotted cream ice cream (V)
- Lemon posset, raspberry coulis (V/GF) and shortbread
- Blackberry crème brulee (V/GF)
- Soft chocolate cake, coffee sauce and mascarpone (V/GF)